This KBA covers the major changes and improvements made to the Watchman AIR system; including PredictivePortal, Accel 310 sensors, and Accel gateways.
To keep up to date on what's new, click the follow button to this article.
30JUN2023 - H1 Update
Several updates occurred during H1-2023 to improve performance and stability to wireless system. Major feature release includes wireless power management for Planned Exceptions and new metrics to Online System portal dashboard.
- Enabled Planned Exception for wireless acquisition power management
- Implemented Safe Shutdown feature for improved update behavior
- Uptime monitoring enabled for Online System dashboard on Portal
- Added Plant association to Gateway in Portal
- Improved battery indication if low battery event clears
- Added Scalar Data to manual data capture of wireless asset
- System update, .net 6 and Sensor FW 126.96.36.199
- Automated scalar learning mode
- Improved performance and backend system monitoring
16DEC2022 - Q4 Update
This update includes several new features to support the Watchman AIR configuration and Alerting via the PredictivePortal. Primary improvements include:
- Diagnostic and Scalar Alerts are now available via the PredictivePortal. Alerts (formerly Event Tracker) can be enabled for Scalar Value Alarms as well as Diagnostic Results.
See Use Scalar and Diagnostic Alerts in PredictivePortal
- Diagnostic Graphs are available as a static view of the vibration data collected for analysis. These graphs are static images with limited controls, intended for uses to get a quick sense of data quality when reviewing diagnostic results.
- Completion Score is available for all assets in the System Configurations settings. Completion score indicates how close an asset is to utilizing the full features of the Expert Automated Diagnostic System.
- Scalar Learning Mode is now part of the Scalar Alerts settings under System Configurations. The learning mode allows for a fixed or dynamic range of data points to be evaluated to set the warning and alarm threshold limits. This release also adapted the default values to be less restrictive.
See Configure Scalar Alerts
- Planned Exceptions (formerly Seasonal Scheduler) can now be configured under System Configurations. Planned Exceptions allows users to indicate periods when assets are not expected to be available for data collection. This impacts the user's view in TRIO 5 data collection software, and the Collection Due report and Compliance report PredictivePortal. Planned Exceptions include both days of the week an asset is not available, intended for the TRIO 5 users to understand time remaining to meet compliance, and months of the year, where an asset is not available for extended period of time. This can set as a one time or recurring event.
06SEPT2022 - Gateway Firmware Update version 6.5
Primarily support user control settings of R-SSH configuration.
Ver 6.5 corrects some stability issues. More details here.
09MAY2022 - User defined Alarm threshold criteria
A user interface was added to the scalar value alarm thresholds to allow users to set the threshold limits for a Warning Alarm and Critical Alarm for each sensor's temperature sensor and Velocity RMS overall. This is a manual configuration step ahead of automated controls.
28APR2022 - Impact Demod units set to g for metric users, previously was using mm/sec^2 values.
Impact Demod default units for metric and imperial units is set to g (gravity).
22APR2022 - Hierarchy update indication
To help ensure the accuracy of the displayed health score and hierarchy status icon, the PredictivePortal may display an update icon to indicate the system currently
31MAR2022 - Added ability to bulk import users to PredictivePortal
Administrators to the PredictivePortal can individually add new general users or download a template and bulk add users.
23MAR2022 - Automatic run of EADS on data arrival
When data arrives into the EurekaAI platform, vibration data will automatically be processed through the Expert Automated Diagnostic System for diagnostic review and handling. EADS determines and confirms all locations are available, attempts to retry if missing, and then returns a result as applicable.
New Data Quality Filter is applied to data arriving into the EurekaAI platform, providing indication that does not meet expectation of quality.
18MAR2022 - Is-running Trigger Enabled
Wireless systems can be enabled to trigger data collection upon validation that a machine is running based on overall scalar vibration.
11MAR2022 - OEM / SIAI Improvements to sensor firmware and gateway firmware
For the Accel 310™ wireless vibration sensors, the latest version of firmware, v6.15, includes changes that significantly improve the data quality captured from the sensors that you should notice. These include:
- Spectral amplitude accuracy improvements
- Spectral averaging improvements to reduce RMS noise
- Increased spectral amplitude resolution for signals below 50% of full-scale input
- Up to 20 dB improvement in spectral signal to noise ratio
For the Accel Gateway, the latest firmware version, 6.3, includes changes to improve cellular configurations and system stability. These include:
- New system capabilities to support cellular configuration UI to activate different cellular bands for different geographical regions
- Added telemetry information to support cellular connections
- System improvements to logs and transactions
- System improvement to prioritization of high-volume communication traffic
06JAN2022 - Improvement to engineering units for scalar and other improvements
- A PredictivePortal user can now select between Imperial or Metric units to manage the display of scalar values.
Click here to read more.
- Gateway Firmware 6.3 adds improvements to internal cellular modem configurations
- Improved management of communication between sensors and gateways during data collection
- Improved indication of offline gateway if gateway has not responded to host for 90 minutes